Recommendations for Using R Hair Extensions Products and Limited Warranty Terms
Please read all recommendations and warranty terms before using the products.
- All extensions are made with 100% human hair and even though they carry the same description on the label, they can vary in texture and color from one batch to another.
- Use a sulfate-free/professional shampoo and a moisturizing mask once a week.
- Only apply conditioner/mask from mid-shaft to the bottom of your hair, never close to the adhesives/bonding area.
- For light hair colors use a purple mask/shampoo weekly.
- Wavy or curly hair demands more intense moisturizing treatment as they tend to be drier than straight hair.
- The temperature recommended for hot tools is 180 ° C or 356 ° F
- Never dry your extensions upside down
- Brush your hair from bottom up with gentle movements always using a soft bristle brush.
- For any chemical treatment we recommend doing a strand test before applying the product on all hair. Keep in mind the extensions have been previously bleached and colored.
- Chlorine present in home water, sea/pool, and excessive sun exposure may cause the blonde/ashy colors to change to a brassy orange/pinkish shade. If that happens, we recommend coloring or applying a toner with a hair color specialist to reverse the unwanted shade. We also recommend the use of shower filters at home.
- Do not use sunscreens containing Avobenzone. This ingredient may cause the extensions to change color. Extensions friendly sunscreens: Beautycounter, Sun Bum Mineral Sunscreen, Bare Republic Mineral Sunscreen, Target Up, and Up Mineral Sunscreen.
- If you are treating your hair with keratin/botox we recommend applying it at least two days prior to the application of the extensions.
- We highly recommend wearing your extensions in a braid/ponytail before going to bed, playing sports, going to the pool or beach.
- Never go to bed with your extensions wet.
- We do not recommend mixing hair from other suppliers in the same application.
Specific Instructions for Each Method of Extensions
Regular and Invisible Tape-ins:
- After the application, wait two days to shampoo your hair.
- Prior to the application, you should only wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo. We do not recommend doing any type of treatment such as deep conditioning or Brazilian keratin on the same day of the application as it may cause the adhesives not to adhere properly.
- We recommend using a flat nose plier to press the tape “sandwich” to ensure they are well attached to each other, avoiding air bubbles in it.
- Make sure the strand of hair between the tapes is not too thick otherwise the adhesives will not adhere well.
- Avoid conditioners in the area of the adhesives.
- The expected duration between maintenance is from 6 to 8 weeks, but the durability is subjected to your hair type and lifestyle. The more oily the hair, the shorter the duration of the tapes.
- Tape Extension is a gentle method, so it is normal for some adhesives to come off before the scheduled maintenance.
- We do not recommend cutting more than 30% of the flat-tips before the installation. Make sure, the amount of keratin on the tip is enough to hold the hair to avoid shedding.
- For microcapsules we recommend cutting the tips in half vertically, not reducing the amount of keratin bond that holds the hair.
- When applying, do not overheat the tips (set the temperature of your tool to 150C or 302F). Stop heating the tip before you hear the sizzling sound.
- Wash it as needed with shampoo, mask, and conditioner. Avoid wetting the clips area.
Limited Warranty Terms and Return Policy
If there is any dissatisfaction with the product, the customer has up to 14 days from the date of purchase to report it. Each complaint made within this period will be analyzed individually. If the product presents a manufacturing defect, R Hair will compensate the customer in the best possible way. No refunds will be given for in-store purchases, exchanges only with receipt and if the product is in the same condition as purchased. The terms of the Limited Warranty do not extend to damages not caused by the manufacturer; including but not limited to:
- Damage caused by chemicals. Hair with any chemical process will automatically lose the warranty;
- Any type of modification of the product;
- In case the tape adhesives fall out in an abnormal quantity in a period of 14 days after the purchase, we will give new adhesives free of cost. Since it is not considered a problem with the hair itself we cannot exchange for new packs of extensions.
- Dry hair, split ends, or brittle hair are not considered manufacturing defects. Those are characteristics that may appear on any human hair.
- Changing of colors can happen on any extensions since they are bleached and colored. We will not replace it with new extensions in case this happens.
In case of any dissatisfaction please reach out to us; we appreciate all kinds of feedback! We will analyze each case individually in order to provide you a superior customer service experience. Following all instructions provided will not only prevent many issues with the extensions but will also give you the durable and beautiful hair you are looking for.