Recommendations for Using R Hair Extensions Products
Recommendations for using R Hair Extensions products
Please read all recommendations and warranty terms before using the products.
- Human hairs are unique products, so they can vary in texture although they might carry the same description on the label. All the extensions come stylized from the factory, so it is normal the occurrence of a slight texture change after being washed. If you want to keep the extensions straight, we suggest you to blow dry or flat ion the hair. If you prefer the hair wavy, you can style it with a curling iron. When using hot tools, try to avoid high temperatures to prevent damage or color changes (do not exceed 180 ° C or 356 ° F). If you want to see the natural texture of the hair, wash it before applying and let it dry naturally. If the natural texture of the hair is not as you would like, we can exchange to another extension as long as it has not been applied.
- Hot tools are not the best friend of the durability of your extension. It is better to let the hair dry naturally. If you prefer to use a blow dryer, flat iron, or curling iron, always keep the temperature low to reduce heat in the extensions. Never dry the extensions upside down to avoid the hair to get tangled.
- We recommend not using any chemicals on the extensions. The application of any chemical process (Brazilian keratin, permanent, coloring, bleaching) will result in loss of warranty automatically. However, if you want to apply a chemical process to your extensions, we advise you to do a test on a small piece. If the result is satisfactory, complete the application of the chemical on the rest of the extensions. Also, keep in mind that each hair has a different origin and the fact that they might not react equally to the chemical does not characterize that it is not natural human hair.
- Be aware of the cosmetic products used. Find out if they are suitable for hair extension; in doubt always take a test before. Some types of products like permanent make-up, shampoos, and oils, can stain especially the blonde colors.
- Do not brush extensions too vigorously to prevent them from loosening. Comb from the bottom up, with gentle movements. Use soft fiber brushes such as Wet Brush brushes. It is essential to maintain a routine of combing your hair to avoid knots.
- Try to use mild shampoos and conditioners, preferably sulfate free. A moisturizing mask once a week will help keep your hair silky. Wash your head with gentle movements and always from top to bottom. Keep in mind that shampoos should only be used on the scalp contrary to conditioners or masks that should be used from the mid-shaft to the ends of the hair.
- Chlorine, Minerals, Sea Water and Sun Exposure may cause the blonde/ashy colors to turn into a brassy orange/pink shade. If exposed to any of the 4 elements above the ash pigment will gradually be removed leaving an orangey/pink tone by revealing the natural red pigment of the hair extension. This process may happen to your own hair as well, although it usually is more intense on the extensions since they are not attached to the scalp therefore don’t receive nutrients. To reverse and/or prevent this from happening we highly recommend the use of purple shampoos or masks on a weekly basis.
- At bedtime, going to the pool or beach, and playing sports, you should wear the extensions in a ponytail or a braid, to avoid tangling and formation of knots in the hair. Never go to bed with your hair and the extensions wet.
- We do not recommend mixing hair from other suppliers or of different textures in the same application.
- Do not hesitate to contact us if there are any questions not clarified through these recommendations of use.
Specific Instructions for Each Method / Extension Type:
- After the application, wait two days to shampoo your hair.
- When washing, avoid conditioner in the area of the adhesives.
- The expected duration is from 4 to 6 weeks, but the durability will be subject to the type of your hair and lifestyle; the more oily the hair, the shorter the duration of the tapes.
- Extensions can be reused through maintenance to apply new adhesives. We do not recommend using the same hair more than 3 or 4 times.
- Tape Extension is a sensitive method, so it is normal for some adhesives to come off before the scheduled maintenance.
- Before installation, the professional can cut up to 20% of the glue on the tip, keeping an amount of glue enough to hold the hair.
- If more than 20% of the glue is cut, the guarantee will be revoked.
Artisan Hair in Bulk:
- A natural feature of bulk hair is the loss of 30% of the hair in the preparation process for application. This is not considered a hair problem.
- If you are not satisfied with the Artisan Bulk Hair you purchased, please contact R Hair immediately before making any changes to the product.
- Since they are artisanal hair, they vary significantly in texture. Bulk hair (as opposed to hair already prepared such as Tape and Keratin Tips) did not undergo the process of removing the shorter threads, and therefore may contain strands of different lengths in a single package.
Limited Warranty Terms R Hair Extensions
- If there is any dissatisfaction with the product, the customer has up to 30 days from the date of purchase to report it. Each complaint made within this period will be analyzed individually. If the product presents a manufacturing defect, R Hair will compensate the customer in the best possible way, always aiming at his/her satisfaction.
- The exchange of products that have not been used or modified must be requested within 30 days from the date of purchase. In no case the money will be returned.
- The terms of the Limited Warranty do not extend to damages not caused by the manufacturer; including but not limited to:
- Damage caused by chemicals. Hair with any chemical process will automatically lose the warranty;
- Damages resulting from improper use of chemical products (bleaching, coloring, chemical treatment or cutting of keratin adhesives and glues);
- Errors resulting from attempts to repair or modify the product;
- Defects resulting from failure to follow the “Recommendations for using R Hair Extensions products”.
- Dry hair, split ends, or brittle hair are not considered manufacturer defect. Those are characteristic that may appear on any human hair. They may have been caused by excessive sun, ocean, or pool exposure, excessive use of hot tools, lack of moisture (application of hair mask and oils), and etc.